Licorice is a powerful herb that can be used to treat a number of stomach conditions, including upper abdominal pain.
It helps increase the mucous coating in the stomach and other parts of the digestive system, protecting the internal tissues from irritation.
Plus, its mild laxative effect plays a key role in regulating bowel movements.
- Add 1 teaspoon of licorice powder to a cup of hot water. Cover, let it steep for 10 minutes and strain it. Drink this tea 2 or 3 times a day for 1 week.
- You can also take 250 to 500 mg of standardized deglycyrrhizinated licorice 2 or 3 times a day. However, always consult your doctor first.
8. Baking Soda
Baking soda helps restore the pH balance in the body and fight any kind of infection. This can help reduce pain in the abdomen.
It is also effective at reducing stomach pain due to gas and bloating.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to 1 cup of water.
- You can also squeeze the juice of 1 or 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in it.
- Mix thoroughly, then drink it.
- If needed, drink it once more after a few hours. However, do not consume baking soda in excess.
Caution: Do not use baking soda if you suffer from any serious digestive condition or high blood pressure.