The aspirin you use to treat your headaches is also effective at treating plantar warts.
The salicylic acid in aspirin irritates the skin and helps slough off infected tissue. This is turn helps get rid of the plantar wart quickly.
- Wash the affected area with lukewarm water.
- Use a pumice stone to file off the uppermost, dead skin cells.
- Crush a few aspirin tablets and add a little water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area.
- Cover it with gauze and a bandage, and leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, remove the bandage and clean the area with water.
- Do this daily for a few weeks.
10. Lemon Essential Oil
Certain essential oils like lemon essential oil can also help get rid of plantar warts.
Being a strong antiseptic, this essential oil helps get rid of the virus that causes the warts.
- Apply a few drops of lemon essential oil on the plantar wart.
- Gently massage the area for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for a few hours. You do not need to rinse it off.
- Repeat twice daily for a few weeks.
You can also use other essential oils such as thyme oil or oregano oil on the affected area. Make sure to dilue a few drops of the essential oils in 1 tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil. Apply 2 or 3 times daily for 2 or 3 weeks.
- Avoid direct with warts and wash your hands thoroughly after touching a wart.
- Keep your feet clean and dry all the time. After taking a shower or bath, thoroughly dry your feet and give special attention to the area in between your toes.
- Change your shoes and socks daily.
- Avoid walking barefoot around swimming pools and locker rooms.
- Never make the mistake of picking or scratching warts.
- Use a different emery board, pumice stone or nail clipper for your warts and for your healthy skin and nails.
- Avoid sharing personal items like towels and socks with others, as it may increase the chances of getting warts.
- If your feet sweat a lot, apply medicated foot powders in order to keep them dry and free from sweat.
- The easiest way for a virus to get into your skin is through cuts or wounds, so cover any cuts or absaions with a bandage.
- If you have plantar warts, cover them with an adhesive bandage while swimming.
- Always wear flip-flops when using public showers.
- You can also apply over-the-counter zinc ointment twice daily after cleaning the area with water. You can leave it on your skin for 30 minutes or more.
- Ask your doctor about getting the HPV vaccine, which may help prevent warts.