Another surprising yet effective remedy for peeling feet is a mentholated rub like Vicks. Being a emollient, it moisturizes your skin.
Plus, due its menthol content, Vicks helps fight fungal infections that could be causing your cracked feet.
- Apply a thick layer of Vicks Vaporub on your feet.
- Gently massage your feet with it for a couple of minutes.
- Put on a pair of socks so the ointment stays on your feet overnight.
- The next morning, rinse off the ointment with warm water.
- Do this once daily for about a week.
Honey locks moisture into the skin cells, making it an effective treatment for peeling skin on the feet. It contains fructose, water, oil, and enzymes that make it a great natural skin moisturizer as well as antibacterial agent.
Honey is also effective at reducing itchiness and irritation associated with peeling skin.
- Rub a small amount of honey on the affected skin. Leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Do it 2 or 3 times a day.
- Alternatively, fill a small tub with lukewarm water. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey to it. Soak your feet in it for 10 minutes, then wash them with clean water and pat dry. Repeat once daily.