9. Black Horehound
Black horehound settles the nerves with its volatile oils, and hence it is considered very effective for preventing motion sickness.
- Mix one tablespoon each of black horehound and chamomile and two tablespoons of grated ginger into two cups of water.
- Boil it until the water reduces by half.
- Strain it and let the mixture cool.
- Drink this tea while it is still warm, about half an hour before traveling. You can also drink it while traveling if you start feeling nauseous.
Note: Black horehound remedies are not suitable for people suffering from Parkinson’s or schizophrenia.
Anyone who enjoys the flavor of licorice will be able to easily prevent and control motion sickness. The anti-inflammatory properties of licorice soothe the stomach’s mucus membranes as well as reduce fatigue and the urge to vomit while traveling.
- Boil half a glass of water in a saucepan and add one teaspoon of dried licorice root to it. Remove from the heat and allow it to steep for five minutes. Strain and then drink this herbal tea half an hour before traveling.
- You can also chew licorice candy while traveling to prevent the feeling of uneasiness and vomiting.
Go time you need to travel, be prepared to overcome that queasy feeling that often spoils your journey. Use the remedy of your choosing at least half an hour before starting your journey.