9. Oil Pulling
If you wake up in the morning with an extremely bad hangover, oil pulling may be the answer to your problem. This is a natural detoxifying technique that helps remove harmful toxins from within the body.
- Swish one tablespoon of coconut oil around your mouth and through your teeth.
- Do this for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spit the oil out, and then rinse your mouth with water.
- Do this first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach before you even brush your teeth.
Note: Do not gargle or swallow the oil.
Proper sleep can also take away much of a hangover. After excessive drinking, the body does not get a chance to sleep properly, which is very essential for the body to recover.
Try to get as much sleep as possible the next day. If you are having difficulty sleeping, put on some soothing music and darken the room as much as possible. After a good sleep, the symptoms of foggy brain and body will be no more.
Tips for preventing a hangover
The only sure way to prevent a hangover is to avoid drinking. However, there are many simple tips that will go a long way toward preventing or lessening most hangover symptoms. Some of these tips are:
- Never consume alcohol on an empty stomach.
- Do not drink alcohol too fast.
- Do not drink or eat anything sweet while drinking.
- Keep your meals small and light for the day.
- A walk outside in fresh air is also beneficial.
- Avoid smoking as it can irritate your stomach.
- Take a warm shower to ease your headache and muscle pain.