Ginger is another time-honored cure for hangover symptoms like nausea and vomiting. Also, ginger helps in the digestion of alcohol, thus it soothes the stomach and provides fast relief.
- Chew small pieces of ginger throughout the day to get relief from a hangover. You can also have ginger tea.
- Alternatively, add 10 to 12 slices of fresh ginger root to about four cups of water and boil it for 10 minutes. Strain and then add the juice of one orange, half a lemon and one-half cup of honey. Drink this while it is still warm, many times throughout the day.
Peppermint is a very helpful herb to treat hangover symptoms. It aids digestion and helps relieve tension, bloating and nausea, some of the most common symptoms of an acute hangover. Plus, peppermint speeds up the detoxification process.
- Simply chew some fresh peppermint leaves throughout the day. It will relax the intestines and help you recover quickly.
- Make a cup of peppermint tea by pouring one cup of boiling water over one teaspoon of dried peppermint. Cover it, let it steep for 15 minutes and then strain it. Drink one to two cups of this herbal tea after you wake up.
- Another option is to add a few drops of peppermint oil to a bathtub filled with warm water. Soak in this water for 30 minutes. This warm, soothing bath will make you feel better immediately! To soothe the headache caused by a hangover, you can simply use a cold compress.