9. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is another very effective way to treat fever blisters fast. It has natural healing powers and antibacterial properties that help disinfect the infected area. Plus, this herb is known to speed up healing and also reduce pain and inflammation.
- Cut an aloe vera leaf to extract the gel.
- Apply the gel on the affected area with your fingertips. Allow it to dry on its own.
- Then clean the area with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Repeat the process several times a day for about three to four days.
This remedy will keep the infected area clean and soft so that the skin doesn’t split open, which can cause further infection.
Yogurt contains lysine that fights the virus that causes fever blisters. It even plays an important role in preventing the virus from becoming active. You can make an egg and yogurt facial mask to soothe and heal the blisters.
- Mix one egg, one cup of yogurt and one tablespoon of honey to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the fever blisters using a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for half an hour, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process once daily as needed.
Also, try to eat one cup of yogurt two or three times a day to get rid of fever blisters quickly.
Be careful not to touch the fever blisters, and make sure to wash your hands regularly so that you do not spread this virus. Fever blisters are contagious, so it is highly recommended not to share lip gloss, drinks or food with others while you are having an outbreak.