Potato is another effective home remedy for acne scars. The high starch content in potatoes helps fade away the scars and blemishes.
- Grate 1 large potato and strain through a cheesecloth to get the juice. Apply this juice on your acne scars. Leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse your face.
- Alternatively, you can cut a potato into thick slices. Rub 1 slice onto your skin for 1 minute, then leave the juice on your face for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water.
Use either of these remedies 2 or 3 times daily until your scars disappear.
8. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is a great moisturizer for your skin. In fact, it gets easily absorbed into the dermis layer of the skin that can lock in the moisture. Keeping your skin moisturized, it aids the regrowth of skin tissue at a faster pace, which in turn reduces the scars.
Cocoa butter also improves the tone and texture of your skin.
- Apply a small amount of cocoa butter directly on the scars.
- Massage in a circular motion to help the cocoa butter get absorbed into the skin.
- Do this daily before going to bed. Wash it off the next morning.