An acupressure wristband that is easily found in the market can also help reduce nausea and prevent vomiting. These bands are made on the same principles of the ancient healing art of acupressure and are worn on the wrist. By applying pressure on specific points on the wrist, nausea and vomiting can be controlled.
- Wear acupressure wristbands on each of your wrists, between the wrist and elbow on the underside of the arm.
- When you experience a wave of nausea, press the button on one wristband 20 times at 1-second intervals.
- Repeat the same on the other wristband.
- Do this for a few minutes and the feeling of nausea will subside.
10. Take Regular Walks
Walking and light exercises are very helpful during pregnancy, until your doctor says no to it. Walking helps dilute the progesterone hormone throughout your system, which is one of the reasons behind morning sickness.
Also, walking helps digestion, thus reducing the chances of vomiting. Plus, when you take a walk in the open area, the fresh air will help you feel better.
After eating your dinner, go for a walk for 15 to 20 minutes daily in the open area. If you cannot go outside, walk around your house.
- Avoid eating large meals. Instead eat several small meals throughout the day.
- Avoid having an empty stomach. Snack regularly between meals.
- Stay away from fried, fatty foods, which can be difficult to digest and cause vomiting.
- Eat foods that are high in carbohydrates or protein, low in fat and easy to digest.
- Pay close attention to nausea triggers and try to avoid them.
- If the smell of hot food makes you queasy, eat cold food.
- Get more sleep by going to bed earlier or sleeping later in the morning. Also, allow more time to get out of bed in the morning.
- You can also try yoga, breathing exercises and meditation to keep your mind distracted. This can help to reduce nausea.
- Have some cool, fruit-flavored popsicles in the morning to keep morning sickness at bay.
- Avoid lying down for at least 30 minutes after eating your dinner.
Seek medical help if vomiting is severe and it becomes difficult for you to keep down fluids or bland foods.