Ginger is an excellent home remedy to get relief from gastrointestinal problems caused by lactose intolerance or simply indigestion as it reduces nausea and abdominal gas.
- Add 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger to a cup of boiling water.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Strain the solution. You can also add a little lemon juice and honey to it.
- Drink up to 3 cups of ginger tea daily to relieve symptoms.
Chamomile tea can also help relieve discomfort caused by lactose intolerance. It neutralizes stomach acid and reduces bloating. Another added benefit is that it promotes relaxation.
- Add 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers to a cup of hot water.
- Cover, let it steep for about 5 minutes and then strain.
- Drink this herbal tea a few times a day.