9. Take Necessary Vitamins
A healthy diet is essential in the treatment of epilepsy. There are different vitamins that can help a lot. For instance, vitamin E helps control the neurons that cause seizures and anxiety disorders.
As epilepsy can occur due to vitamin B1 deficiency, eat foods high in vitamin B1 or take a supplement after consulting a doctor.
Other vitamins that can help treat epilepsy are vitamins B12, B6 and D.
Always consult a doctor before taking a supplement.
In traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture is a well-known treatment for seizures due to epilepsy. In acupuncture, pressure is applied to specific points on the body using fine needles.
Although its mechanism is not known, acupuncture can help alter brain activity to reduce seizures by restoring the flow of qi (energy) throughout the body.
To enjoy the benefits of acupuncture, get it done by an expert only.
- Get enough sleep as sleep deprivation can trigger seizures.
- If you have seizures regularly, wear a medical alert bracelet. This will help people know about your condition.
- Manage stress and avoid stressful situations.
- Drink ½ glass of grape juice daily.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and avoid smoking.
- As low calcium and magnesium can trigger seizures, eat foods high in these nutrients.
- Keep a written record of any seizures you have and keep your doctor updated.
- Avoid all “white” products, including white sugar, white flour, table salt and white rice.
- Do not consume artificial sweeteners or additives.
- Do not skip meals, especially breakfast.
- Follow the ketogenic diet, even though the restrictions can be challenging.
Lastly, take the medicines prescribed by your doctor in correct dosages in a timely manner. Do not stop taking your medicines without your doctor’s approval.