9. Gram Flour (Besan)
Gram flour is an excellent ingredient for deep cleansing and exfoliating your skin to remove dead skin and absorb excess oil. It will also help get rid of unwanted facial hair.
- Mix two tablespoons of gram flour in sufficient yogurt to make a thick paste.
- Optionally, stir in one-quarter to one-half teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Spread it on your face and leave it on until it dries completely.
- Scrub it off and then wash your face.
- Repeat two or three times a week on a regular basis.
Strawberries are another useful home remedy for whiteheads. Their mildly abrasive texture exfoliates the skin, thereby removing trapped dirt, dead skin cells and oil clogging the pores.
They also contain salicylic acid, a common ingredient used in anti-acne treatments to help unblock pores. Plus, the ellagic acid present in this fruit protects the skin from sun damage caused by ultraviolet rays.
- Mash two or three strawberries to make a paste.
- Mix in one tablespoon of honey.
- Spread it on your face and gently massage in circular motions for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off.
- Repeat once or twice a week for a few months.
For best results, use the exfoliating masks and scrubs after facial steaming.