7. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil can be used as a natural astringent to reduce oiliness and get rid of whiteheads. Due to its antibacterial properties, tea tree oil will also fight acne.
- Dip a cotton swab in water and put three or four drops of tea tree oil on it.
- Dab it on the affected area.
- Leave it on at least for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water.
- Do this twice daily until you see improvement.
Cinnamon is excellent for improving the quality of your skin. When used as a scrub, it helps reduce blackheads and whiteheads. It also promotes the production of collagen, thereby facilitating skin regeneration. Plus, cinnamon has antimicrobial properties that fight acne.
- Mix together one teaspoon each of cinnamon powder and oat flour with sufficient warm water to make a thick paste. Spread it on your face and scrub for a few minutes. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Alternatively, you can apply a paste of one teaspoon each of honey and aloe vera gel and a pinch of cinnamon powder. Leave it on for about 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
Use either of these remedies two or three times a week until you are satisfied with the results
Note: Before using cinnamon on your skin, perform a patch test to make sure you are not allergic to it.