9. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar relieves water retention by replenishing potassium in the body to help reduce sodium levels.
- Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. Drink it twice daily. You can increase the dosage of apple cider vinegar up to two tablespoons per glass.
- If you have fluid retention in your legs, you can soak your feet in a warm foot bath made of equal parts of apple cider and warm water for about 10 minutes. It will also reduce foot odor.
Onions have diuretic and blood cleansing benefits. It will also prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- Boil a few raw onions in four cups of water.
- Add salt to taste and then strain the solution.
- Drink two or three cups of it a day for a few days.
In addition to these remedies, you can try eating more diuretic foods such as cabbage, cucumbers, watercress, celery, bananas, pineapple, and watermelon.
Also, drink plenty of water throughout the day (the body starts retaining water when it is dehydrated), limit your salt intake, drink less alcohol, and exercise regularly.