7. Cumin Seeds
This popular cooking spice can also be used to treat gastrointestinal issues like upset stomach. It helps inhibit smooth muscle contractions, which in turn calms the stomach. Plus, it aids digestion by increasing enzyme secretions.
- Boil one teaspoon of cumin seeds in one cup of water for five minutes. Drink this solution while it is still warm at regular intervals for one or two days.
- Add one-half teaspoon of roasted cumin seeds and a little bit of black salt to a glass of buttermilk. Drink this mixture after meals for two to three days to enhance digestion.
- Alternatively, you can take one-fourth teaspoon of roasted cumin seeds powder with one-half teaspoon of honey three to four times a day.
Chamomile is an herb that contains anti-inflammatory as well as antispasmodic properties and relaxes the smooth muscle lining of the digestive tract. Tea made from chamomile flowers can help improve an upset digestive system very quickly.
- Combine one teaspoon each of chamomile flowers and peppermint leaves in one cup of water.
- Boil this mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and add one teaspoon of honey.
- Drink the tea three times a day.
This herbal tea can also be prepared using pre-packaged tea bags.