Cloves are also helpful for treating typhoid fever. The essential oils in cloves have antibacterial properties, thus cloves can kill the bacteria that cause typhoid.
Cloves also help ease vomiting and diarrhea, two common symptoms of typhoid.
- Add 5 to 7 clove buds to 8 cups of water.
- Boil this solution until it reduces by half.
- Remove from heat, cover and allow it to cool.
- Strain and then drink this concoction throughout the day.
- Follow this herbal treatment for at least 1 week.
Bananas can bring down the fever and treat diarrhea in people enduring typhoid. The pectin present in bananas is a soluble fiber that helps absorb liquid in the intestines, thus reducing diarrhea. Moreover, the potassium in bananas helps replace electrolytes lost during fever and diarrhea.
- Eat 2 to 3 ripe bananas daily until your typhoid symptoms subside.
- Alternatively, mix 2 mashed bananas in ½ cup yogurt and add 1 teaspoon of honey. Eat this 2 or 3 times daily for a few weeks.