Turmeric has strong antiseptic properties that can treat toenail fungus and prevent the infection from recurring.
- Grind dry turmeric root into powder form.
- Mix one tablespoon of the turmeric powder with a little water to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected toenail.
- Leave it on for two to three hours. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water and dry your toenail thoroughly.
- Follow this remedy twice daily until you get rid of the infection.
8. Indian Lilac
Indian Lilac, also known as neem, can be used to treat different types of fungus infections, including toenail fungus. It has antifungal as well as antiseptic properties that can treat as well prevent the fungus from spreading.
- Grind a handful of neem leaves with a little water to make a paste. Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder to it. Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it on for one hour. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry the area thoroughly. Follow this remedy twice daily until the infection has cleared.
- Alternatively, you can use neem oil. Soak a cotton ball in neem oil and apply it on the infected toenail. Do this two times a day for at least one month to see good results.