7. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil contains antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties that can provide quick relief from irritated and inflamed gums.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil in a glass of warm water. Use it as a mouthwash twice daily.
- Brush your teeth with toothpaste containing tea tree oil as the main ingredient to ease discomfort.
Follow these remedies daily until your gums look healthy again.
Note: Make sure not to swallow tea tree oil. It can cause stomach problems.
8. Oil Pulling
Whether it is inflamed gums or any other dental problem, oil pulling is a good way to prevent oral health issues. This age-old Ayurvedic practice helps reduce growth of bacteria in the mouth that causes infection. It even prevents plaque formation and strengthens the gums.
- Put 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in your mouth.
- Swish the oil around your mouth for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spit out the oil, then rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm water.
- Finally, brush your teeth.
- Do this daily in the morning before brushing your teeth.
Note: Do not gargle or swallow the oil.