9. Oil Pulling
This ancient Ayurvedic ritual can surely give a boost to your energy level. When the immune system does the work of clearing out toxic waste from the body, it has an impact on your energy level. With oil pulling, you can easily get rid of toxins as well as save energy.
- Put 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin organic, cold-pressed coconut oil into your mouth.
- Swish the oil around in your mouth for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spit it out and never make the mistake of swallowing the oil.
- Brush your teeth and rinse your mouth with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy daily in the morning before eating anything.
10. Stay Hydrated
Water makes up to 65 to 70 percent of our total body weight and when there is less water in the body, it surely affects your energy.
By keeping your body hydrated, you can reduce tiredness and keep your energy level high. Water can also increase stamina by fighting muscle fatigue.
- Drink an ample amount of water throughout the day at regular intervals.
- You can also drink a lot of healthy homemade fruit or vegetable juices.
- Soups, stews and broths also help keep you hydrated.
Also, cut down on alcoholic and caffeinated beverages, which can lead to dehydration.
- Get a good night’s sleep daily to help your body heal and rejuvenate itself.
- Rest for sometime after vigorous physical activity to restore your energy.
- Eliminate energy-zappers from your diet, such as refined food products, sugar and caffeine.
- Eat enough foods rich in iron, protein and complex carbohydrates.
- Be optimistic towards life to help you remain focused and healthy.
- Practice yoga asanas to increase your mental alertness and physical strength.
- Spend a few minutes meditating every day to help your body build up good stamina.
- Stay away from drugs, alcohol and cigarettes.