7. Onion Juice
According to Ayurveda, onion juice is a good treatment option. The juice acts as an effective disinfectant and provides relief from pain within a short time after use.
- Extract the juice of 1 small onion.
- Heat the juice in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Put 2 or 3 drops of this warm juice into the infected ear.
- Wait 5 minutes, then tilt your head to drain out the fluid.
- Use this remedy 2 or 3 times a day.
8. Holy Basil
Another good Ayurvedic remedy is holy basil. Its antibiotic nature helps fight the infection and provides relief from pain. It is also good at treating fluid discharge.
- Extract the juice of 4 or 5 basil leaves.
- Heat the juice slightly so it is lukewarm.
- Lie down and use a dropper to put 2 or 3 drops into the infected ear.
- Wait 5 minutes, then tilt your head to allow the fluid to drain out.
- Repeat the process twice daily.