9. Rice Water
If you are suffering from diarrhea and a stomach ache due to the stomach flu, the best remedy is rice water. Rice water is a bland food that acts like a demulcent to help reduce inflammation of the stomach lining and alleviate pain.
- In an uncovered pan, boil one-half cup of white rice in six cups of water until the rice is tender.
- Strain and allow the water to cool.
- Add one-half teaspoon each of honey and cinnamon powder.
- Sip the warm rice water slowly every hour.
- Follow this remedy for a week.
Both ripe and raw bananas have proven to be very helpful in the treatment of stomach flu. Bananas are easy to digest and contain a good amount of potassium and magnesium. These minerals are two of the electrolytes that the body, including the stomach, needs to function properly.
- If you have diarrhea, mash one ripe banana and mix in one teaspoon of tamarind pulp and a pinch of salt. Eat this twice daily until you feel better.
- Eat one or two ripe bananas during the day for a week to restore your digestive health.
- You can also try raw banana soup as a bland food to help your body recover quickly.
Most of the symptoms of stomach flu will subside within 48 hours. If you are still not feeling well after a couple of days, see your doctor immediately to rule out a more serious condition.