7. Probiotic Yogurt
Building up the good bacteria in your intestines by eating probiotic yogurt is a good way to fight off the various symptoms of stomach flu. Probiotic yogurt has live cultures that aid digestion and also help keep your immune system strong.
- Simply eat two to three cups of probiotic yogurt daily until you get relief. You can also add some banana slices to your yogurt to enhance the taste as well as effectiveness.
- You can also make a tasty smoothie with yogurt, banana, apple and honey. Drink it two or three times a day for faster recovery.
Another natural stomach flu remedy is garlic, due to its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Also, garlic will soothe the lining of stomach, bringing you relief from cramping, indigestion, bloating and gas.
- Mix one teaspoon of freshly chopped garlic with some honey.
- Eat it immediately after preparing it.
- Repeat two or three times a day for two days to speed up recovery.