9. Rice Water
When suffering from a stomach ache, you should eat only bland food. Rice water is a bland food that acts like a demulcent, which means it relieves inflammation of the stomach lining and reduces pain.
- Wash one-half cup of white rice thoroughly.
- Boil six cups of water in a pan and then add the rice in it. Cook the rice uncovered.
- When the rice becomes tender, strain the water and allow it to cool.
- Add one-half teaspoon of honey.
- Sip the warm rice water slowly.
- Drink it twice daily.
You can also eat rice with yogurt as a bland food.
10. Warm Compress
Heat is one of the best ways to soothe a stomach ache. It increases circulation and speeds up the digestion process. As food gets digested properly, stomach pain will be alleviated.
- Place a heating pad or hot water bottle on your stomach for five to 10 minutes at a time. For best results, lie down with the heating device over your stomach. Do this several times a day.
- Enjoying a warm bath or shower for 15 to 20 minutes at least twice a day will also help relieve stomach pain.
If your stomach pain persists for more than three days and you are having symptoms like fever and headache, you should visit your doctor immediately.