Yogurt works as a deep conditioner and hence it helps make your hair soft, smooth and shiny. Plus, it has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties due to its high lactic acid content that helps to keep your scalp clean and free from infections.
- Brush out your hair well with a wide-tooth comb.
- Spread some plain yogurt all over your hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it out with lukewarm water and then shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
- Use this hair treatment once a week.
Gelatin can also make your hair smooth, soft and shiny. It has hydrolyzed protein that helps treat damaged hair. Plus, it adds silky smoothness to your hair and makes it extra shiny.
- Stir one tablespoon of gelatin in one cup of warm water until it dissolves completely.
- Mix in one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Apply the mixture on your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it out with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy once a week.
- Look closely at the labels of your hair care products before you purchase and use them. Try to use hair care products with natural and organic ingredients. Avoid non-organic styling chemicals as much as possible.
- Avoid too many sessions with the straightener.
- Be gentle with your hair while brushing or combing. Avoid brushing wet hair as it causes damage.
- Let your hair dry naturally after washing.
- Do not shampoo too often. It can dry out your hair.
- Condition your hair regularly to nourish, moisturize and protect it from splitting.
- Trim off split ends to prevent them from spreading up the hair strands.
- Don’t overexpose your hair to sun, as it will dry it out.
- Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water.