7. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera soothes and heals scalp problems, thereby alleviating smelly hair. It also conditions your hair, reduces dandruff, and prevents hair loss. You can use it once a week.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel or juice on your hair and scalp after shampooing. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it out.
- You can also add one tablespoon of lemon juice and one-half teaspoon of aloe vera gel to your shampoo.
8. Orange Peels
Orange juice and peels are great for deodorizing your hair. It will also help control dandruff and excess oiliness. You can use it once or twice a week.
- Fill a mason jar with orange peels and pour in organic apple cider vinegar. Store it in a cupboard for two weeks. Then strain the infusion and store it in the refrigerator. Put two tablespoons of the liquid in a 12- or 16-ounce spray bottle of water. Spray it on your hair after washing. Rinse it off after a few minutes.
- Boil orange peel powder in water. Allow it to cool. Rinse your hair with the solution. Let it sit for about 10 minutes before washing it off. To make orange peel powder, dry orange peels under the sun for a week and then grind them.
- You can also apply orange juice on your hair and then rinse it out after about five minutes.