7. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is another natural remedy for any kind of fungal infection, including scalp ringworm. It helps fight the cause of the infection and soothes symptoms of itchiness, inflammation, and discomfort.
It also helps maintain the pH balance of the scalp.
- Cut open a leaf from an aloe vera plant. Scoop out the gel and apply it directly to the irritated areas of the scalp. Wash it off with warm water after 30 minutes. Repeat twice a day.
- Alternatively, thoroughly mix ½ cup of aloe vera gel and the juice of half a lemon. Apply it on the affected area. Wait 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily for 1 week.
8. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac, also known as neem, is another good remedy for scalp ringworm. It has powerful antifungal properties that help eliminate the fungus that causes this infection.
Also, its antiseptic properties aid the healing process and relieve symptoms like extreme itching, pain, and inflammation.
You can use any of the following remedies:
- Grind a handful of neem leaves into a paste. Apply it to the affected area of your scalp. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Do this twice daily.
- Boil a handful of neem leaves in water until the quantity of water reduces to one-third. Strain it and allow the water to cool down. Use this water to wash your scalp once daily.
- Mix a few drops of neem oil into 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Apply it on the affected area, leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with water. Do this twice a day.