7. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel also helps combat redness and swelling associated with several skin breakouts, including pimples.
This natural astringent constricts the blood vessels and the pores under the surface of your skin. This in turn soothes irritated skin and helps minimize the appearance of the pimples.
- Soak a cotton ball in some witch hazel.
- Hold it against the pimple for 5 minutes. You need not rinse it off.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times a day for a few days.
8. Manuka Honey
Due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, manuka honey is also good for reducing the redness of a pimple and helping it heal. In addition, it will also keep your skin moisturized and less flaky.
- Dab a little pure manuka honey on the affected area.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes to 1 hour, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this once daily until the pimple heals completely.