Like fenugreek, this medicinal herb also works as a mucolytic to expel mucus from the body, particularly from the respiratory tract. Plus, it has antiviral and antibacterial properties that assist in fighting infection.
- Mix turmeric powder in warm mustard oil to make a paste. Rub it on your chest.
- Drink a glass of warm milk mixed with one teaspoon of turmeric powder, two or three times a day.
- Mix one-half teaspoon of turmeric and one-quarter teaspoon of black pepper powder in a glass of warm water. Drink it once a day.
8. Holy Basil and Black Pepper
Both these ingredients are beneficial for your lungs and useful in the natural treatment of pneumonia.
- Extract the juice from five basil leaves.
- Mix in a pinch of freshly ground black pepper.
- Consume it every six hours.