7. Holy Basil
Holy basil is a good remedy for treating bleeding gums, one of the most common symptoms of periodontitis. Its antibacterial property can reduce the effect of harmful bacteria in the mouth. It also helps safeguard against other dental problems like toothaches and pus or pain in the gums.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of dried and powdered holy basil leaves with enough mustard oil to make a paste. Rub this paste on your teeth and gums and brush gently using a soft-bristle toothbrush. Do this 2 times a day for several weeks.
- You can also drink a few cups of basil tea daily or use it to rinse your mouth to treat and prevent periodontitis.
8. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce swelling of the gums caused by periodontitis. Being rich in capsaicin, cayenne pepper also helps reduce pain.
- Put a few drops of cayenne pepper tincture on a soft-bristle toothbrush.
- Use it to brush your gums for a few minutes.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- Follow this treatment once daily to help relieve pain and reverse periodontitis.
Note: You can do oil pulling after using this remedy to reduce the stinging or burning sensation.