The enzymes, acids, minerals and trace elements in yogurt help a lot in the home treatment of peeling skin. Also, yogurt acts as a deep moisturizer for dry skin.
- Mix two tablespoons of yogurt with two teaspoons of honey. Apply this mixture liberally on the affected skin. Allow it to dry on its own, and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Alternatively, prepare a mixture made from the pulp of half of a ripe banana and two tablespoons of yogurt. Apply this mixture to the affected area, leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
Choose one of these remedies and use it twice daily until you get the desired result.
Mint is another beneficial ingredient for treating peeling skin. This herb has a calming effect on the skin and helps moisturize the skin and keep it refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Extract the juice from some fresh mint leaves.
- Apply it on the affected skin before going to bed.
- The next morning, wash the skin with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Apply a light moisturizer.
- Follow this treatment daily until your dry and peeling skin looks healthy again.
Along with these remedies, you must follow these additional tips:
- Drink eight to 10 glasses of water every day to keep the skin hydrated
- Take cold showers to ease itching
- Avoid direct exposure to sunrays or wear sunscreen to protect your skin
- Do not scratch or try to forcefully peel the skin
- Avoid taking hot baths
- Apply moisturizer regularly