7. Banyan Leaves
The banyan tree, which has religious significance in Buddhism and Hinduism, is also used for treating various ailments. The leaves of the banyan tree are considered very effective for treating mumps. Due to the anti-inflammatory properties, they can also reduce pain and swelling and speed up recovery.
- Clean one large banyan leaf and dab clarified butter on it.
- Warm the leaf and apply the warm leaf over the inflamed area. Secure it with a bandage or tape.
- Leave it on for a couple of hours, or overnight for best results.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for about a week.
Extracts from the mullein leaf have antiviral as well as anti-inflammatory properties, making it an ideal treatment for mumps. Also, the cooling, soothing properties of mullein help reduce inflammation and enhance healing.
- Add one tablespoon of dried mullein leaves to the steeping ball.
- Place it in a cup and pour boiling water into the cup.
- Allow it to steep for about 10 minutes so that the properties of the mullein are released.
- Soak a clean cloth in the mullein tea and place it over the swollen area for a few minutes.
- Repeat several times a day for a week.
You can also drink one to two cups of mullein tea daily to speed up the healing process.