Turmeric has strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, hence it can be used to treat several common problems, including mucoceles.
- Start with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and add some milk to make a paste. Using a cotton ball, apply the paste on the affected area. Wait 30 minutes, then rinse your mouth using lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy 2 or 3 times a day.
- You can also apply fresh turmeric juice directly on the affected area 2 or 3 times daily for several days.
The calming properties of sage can reduce the uneasiness associated with an oral cyst. Moreover, it has an astringent and drying effect on the cyst.
- Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of fresh or dried sage leaves to 2 cups of boiling water.
- Cover and let it steep for about 15 minutes.
- Strain and allow the solution to cool.
- Use it rinse to your mouth several times a day.
Note: Do not swallow this homemade mouth rinse.