7. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera smoothes the hair cuticle and promotes shine and moisture in hair. Plus, it has a high water and is loaded with 20 minerals, 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids and several other nutrients, so it is also good for your hair’s overall health.
- Massage fresh aloe vera gel into your hair and scalp and leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water and wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Alternatively, prepare a paste with four tablespoons of aloe vera gel, two tablespoons of coconut oil and three tablespoons of plain yogurt. Apply this paste on your hair. Leave it on for about 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
Follow either of these remedies once or twice a week.
8. Carbonated Water
Another very simple remedy to define your curls and reduce frizz is carbonated or sparkling water, thanks to its low pH level. It also helps clarify your hair and makes it extra soft and shiny.
- Dilute some non-flavored carbonated water with an equal amount of plain water and set it aside.
- Shampoo your hair and rinse with plain water.
- Use the diluted carbonated water as a final rinse.
- Let your hair air dry.
- Follow this remedy a few times a week.