7. Mustard Oil
According to Ayurveda, a gentle massage of the painful knee with warm mustard oil eases inflammation, improves blood circulation in the region and relieves pain.
- Heat two tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Fry one garlic clove (chopped) in it until it turns brown.
- Cool and strain the oil.
- Massage your aching knee with the lukewarm oil in circular motions.
- Cover the knee with plastic wrap and use warm towels to apply heat for a few minutes.
- Do this twice daily for about one or two weeks.
8. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate that has been shown to provide relief from knee pain. Magnesium works as a natural muscle relaxant that helps remove excess fluid from the tissues, in turn reducing inflammation, swelling and pain.
- Add one-half cup of Epsom salt to a hot bath and stir it well.
- Soak the affected knee in this warm solution for 15 minutes.
- Do this a few times a week until you get complete relief from the pain.
Note: This remedy is not recommended for those suffering from heart problems, high blood pressure or diabetes.