7. Oat Bran
Eating oat bran on a daily basis will give your body the much-needed fiber and help reduce the symptoms of IBS to a great extent. When you eat oat bran, the stools become soft and get passed down painlessly and easily. Plus, it has antioxidants, protein, calcium, iron, thiamin, phosphorus, riboflavin, magnesium, and zinc.
- Add one tablespoon of oat bran to your breakfast cereal daily.
- Also, you can mix one part oat bran with two parts water and cook it for a few minutes. Then eat it like oatmeal.
- You can also add one tablespoon of oat bran to yogurt, a smoothie or a salad.
Note: When you first start eating oat bran you may have gas and bloating, but these symptoms will decrease as the body adjusts to it.
The antispasmodic property as well as the high amount of tannins present in chamomile can provide great relief from IBS symptoms like diarrhea. Also, chamomile can reduce inflammation in the intestines and relieve abdominal spasms.
- Put two to three teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for about 15 minutes.
- Strain it and add a little lemon juice.
- Drink this herbal tea about three times a day.