7. Coriander Seeds
Due to its emmenagogue properties, coriander helps promote menstruation.
- Boil one teaspoon of coriander seeds in two cups of water until the quantity of water reduces to one cup. Strain the seeds from the liquid. Drink this three times daily for a few days prior to your period. Do this for a few months.
- You can also drink coriander juice daily for a few months.
Fennel is a great herb for treating irregular menstrual periods. Being a potent emmenagogue, it promotes menstruation and also relieves cramping associated with premenstrual syndrome due to its antispasmodic properties. Moreover, it helps rebalance female sex hormones.
- Soak two tablespoons of fennel seeds in a glass of water overnight.
- In the morning, strain the solution and drink it.
- Do this daily for about a month or until your menses become regular.