7. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac, also known as neem, is effective against different skin problems, including HS. Its antiseptic, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties help treat HS and prevent further infections.
- Grind a handful of neem leaves into a paste. Apply it on the affected area. Leave it on for 30 minutes, then rinse it off.
- Also, you can boil neem leaves in water until the quantity of water reduces to one-third. Use this water to rinse the affected area.
- Another option is to add a few drops of pure neem oil to 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil and apply it to affected area. You do not need to rinse it off.
Follow any of these remedies 2 or 3 times a day for a few weeks.
8. Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol has disinfectant, soothing and cooling properties. It will help remove dirt from the clogged hair follicles, which in turn will promote healing. It will also give respite from the pain and discomfort associated with HS.
Note: Before using rubbing alcohol, be sure you don’t have any open bumps or wounds.
- Soak a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and gently dab it on the affected area.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, then wash the affected area with lukewarm water.
- Follow up with a light moisturizer or aloe vera gel.
- Do this twice daily.