Cinnamon is effective in reducing heavy menstrual bleeding associated with endometriosis, uterine fibroids and adenomyosis. This herb reduces the bleeding by stimulating blood flow away from the uterus. In addition, its anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties help relieve cramps.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a cup of hot water. Simmer for a few minutes. Add honey and drink it 2 times a day.
- Alternatively, take 3 drops of cinnamon bark tincture, 2 times a day.
- You can also take 15 to 30 drops of cinnamon essential oil diluted in ¼ cup of water, up to 3 times per day.
Follow any of these remedies during your period only.
According to herbalists, comfrey is also a good remedy to control heavy bleeding. This herb helps constrict blood vessels, thereby reducing heavy bleeding.
- Put 2 teaspoons of comfrey leaves in a cup of hot water.
- Cover and steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain and drink it once daily during heavy bleeding.