Turmeric contains curcumin, a phytochemical with powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory actions that can help relieve several hay fever symptoms. It also helps eradicate allergens from the body, thus aiding faster recovery.
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk. Drink it twice daily for one or two weeks. This will help loosen the mucus in the body and also boost your immune system.
- You can also prepare a mixture of six tablespoons each of turmeric powder and raw honey. Eat one teaspoon of this mixture twice daily during the allergy season.
Onion is a good source of quercetin, a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory that can effectively reduce symptoms like cough, runny nose and sore throat in hay fever sufferers.
- Chew freshly cut onion slices and swallow them slowly. Do this throughout the day until you notice improvement.
- Alternatively, add three to four tablespoons of onion juice to a glass of hot water. Use this solution for gargling several times daily until you feel better.
- You can also mix together one-half teaspoon of onion juice and one teaspoon of pure honey. Have this solution at least twice daily for a few days to alleviate cough and sore throat.
These remedies will surely give you relief from various symptoms of hay fever, some can also prevent it. Also try to stay away from the allergens that cause your symptoms.