7. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has soothing, healing and moisturizing properties that help heal hangnails. When combined with turmeric, it will help prevent and treat infected hangnails as both ingredients have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Simply apply fresh, succulent aloe vera gel extracted from an aloe leaf on your hangnails and leave it on as long as possible. Use it daily until you get rid of the problem.
- Mix a little turmeric powder in one teaspoon of aloe vera gel and apply it on the affected area. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off. Repeat daily for a few days.
You can also try yogurt as a natural remedy to cure painful and inflamed hangnails. It contains probiotics that are believed to have anti-inflammatory properties.
Moreover, it works as a good moisturizer. For best results, opt for yogurt with active cultures.
- Apply plain yogurt on the affected area.
- Leave it on for a few hours before rinsing it off.
- Repeat daily until the problem goes away.