9. Coconut Oil
The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of coconut oil help in the natural treatment of gum disease. Combining it with baking soda will help neutralize the acids in your mouth, too.
- Mix two tablespoons each of coconut oil and baking soda.
- Use this in place of your toothpaste once or twice a week on a regular basis.
10. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea helps ease pain and inflammation associated with gum disease due to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Add two to three teaspoons of chamomile flowers to one cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain and let it cool.
- Use this chamomile tea as a mouth rinse a few times a day until you notice improvement.
In addition to these remedies, make sure to maintain adequate oral hygiene, including daily brushing, flossing and using a mouth rinse to reduce plaque buildup on your teeth. Plus, get regular dental check-ups.