9. Fig Leaf
Fig leaf is a traditional remedy for removing genital warts. The enzyme ficain present in the milky sap of the fig plant seems to combat the growth of the virus that causes genital warts. Plus, the milky sap is soothing to the skin and helps alleviate irritation.
- Break open a fresh fig leaf to extract its milky sap.
- Dab this milky sap onto the affected skin area and leave it on for a few hours.
- Repeat this two or three times a day until you see noticeable improvement.
Oatmeal is a potent natural solution for all the discomforts associated with genital warts. Oatmeal contains anti-irritating, anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that will help lessen the irritation, pain and constant itchiness caused by genital warts.
- Add one to two cups of finely ground oatmeal to a bathtub filled with lukewarm water. Soak in this bath water for 15 minutes. Take this soothing bath up to three times a day, depending on the severity of your condition.
- As a preventive remedy, mix one tablespoon of coarsely powdered oatmeal with enough water to make a paste. Apply this on the genitals and gently scrub to get rid of dead skin cells, bacteria and sebum that clog the pores. Exfoliate once a week. Having clean and fresh skin can help prevent future warts.
- Don’t scratch the warts.
- Wash your undergarments in hot water and change them frequently.
- Keep your genitals dry. After taking a shower, thoroughly dry your genitals with a towel or use a blow dryer.
- Eat a healthy diet to speed up the healing process.
- Maintain good hygiene to help clear up warts quickly.
- Do not share towels or undergarments.
- Avoid wearing tight or synthetic undergarments.
If these remedies and tips do not bring positive results, a visit to the doctor is highly recommended.