7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another effective treatment is apple cider vinegar. Being rich in antiviral properties, it helps destroy the virus responsible for this infection.
Plus, its disinfectant, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties help reduce the severity of symptoms and even help prevent a recurrence.
- Dip a cotton ball in raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and dab it on the affected areas. It will sting a bit but avoid washing it off. Do this 3 or 4 times a day.
- Also, add 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and a little raw honey to 1 cup of water. Drink it twice daily to help fight the infection.
Garlic contains allicin, a chemical compound that has antiviral properties. Allicin helps destroy the virus responsible for the herpes outbreak.
Plus, garlic is a rich source of vitamin C, which stimulates the production of interferon, a natural virus-fighting substance.
- Apply minced raw garlic or garlic oil on the affected area.
- Allow it to sit for 15 minutes. There will be little burning sensation initially, but soon it will stop.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process 2 times daily.
Also, eat 1 or 2 crushed garlic cloves daily on an empty stomach to give your immune system a boost.