7. Olive Oil
Oil is considered the most important element for frizzy hair that needs extra moisture. When it comes to hair oil, olive oil is one of the best options. Olive oil will help seal the moisture on your hair strands and will also condition your hair.
- Heat up one cup of olive oil. Apply the warm oil on your hair, evenly distributing it.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and wrap a hot towel around your head to increase moisture absorption. Leave it on for about a half an hour.
- Shampoo and rinse your hair with cold water.
- Do this three times a week for best results.
Note: You can also use coconut oil, castor oil, almond oil or rosemary oil and follow the same process.
Eggs are one of the most popular home remedies for frizzy hair. Egg yolks are rich in fats and proteins and are naturally moisturizing, while egg whites contain enzymes that kill bacteria and remove unwanted oils from the scalp. This is why eggs are often used to treat frizzy hair.
- Whisk one egg and add one teaspoon of olive oil. Mix it well. Olive oil will act as an emollient and help lock moisture into your hair.
- Apply it on your hair and leave it on for about a half an hour.
- Rinse it out and wash your hair thoroughly. Make sure you use a rich nourishing shampoo and conditioner.