Pineapples have enzymes that promote skin elasticity, moisturize the skin, and help eliminate dead skin cells as well. The fruit is also rich in antioxidants, fibers and vitamins that boost skin health.
- Rub pineapple flesh on the affected skin area. Allow it to dry for 20 minutes, and then rinse with warm or cold water.
- Apply the juice from a green pineapple onto the skin daily for five minutes before washing off. This is also a very good remedy for treating dark circles around the eyes.
Drinking water is one of the easiest and most effective home remedies for treating wrinkles. Water keeps the body hydrated and maintains the moisture level in the skin. When the body is dehydrated, your skin will generally look older.
Be sure to drink pure, filtered water, as unfiltered water may have traces of chemicals that can damage your skin over time.
Drink at least two liters of filtered water daily. Have a glass in the morning to kick start your day and then keep a bottle of water beside you throughout the day. Avoid alcohol and carbonated drinks, though.
- Limit sun exposure, especially when the sun is strongest.
- Reduce and manage stress as chronic stress accelerates cellular skin aging.
- Stop smoking as it can damage collagen and cause early wrinkles.
- Include more vitamin C rich foods such as orange, blueberries, grapefruit, pineapple, broccoli, bell peppers, spinach, and kale in your diet. Vitamin C promotes collagen formation and fights free radicals. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids will also help keep your skin youthful and plump.
- Get proper sleep and prefer to sleep on your back to prevent sleep lines that eventually turn into wrinkles.
- Control facial expressions like squinting and frowning as they tend to overwork the facial muscles.
Aging is a natural phenomenon leading to the formation of wrinkles and fine lines on the skin, but these remedies will help you decelerate the process. You can look younger for many more years to come.