Carrots have a high content of vitamin A, which promotes the production of collagen and helps keep the skin smooth.
- Boil two or three large carrots in water until they become soft. Blend the carrots with some honey to get a paste. Apply it directly on the face. Leave it on for about a half an hour and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Another option is to a combination of equal parts of carrot juice and honey each morning and evening. You can leave it for about 10 minutes before washing it off.
- Also, include raw carrots in your diet.
8. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid that acts as a strong exfoliant and helps get rid of dead skin cells. It also works as a deep cleansing agent and astringent that will help fade blemishes as well as wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of aging, like dark circles.
- Gently rub a little bit of lemon juice into your facial skin. Leave it on for 5 or 10 minutes and then rinse your face with water. Do this two to three times a day.
- Alternatively, you can mix one teaspoon each of yogurt, honey and vitamin E oil and lemon juice. Spread it on your face and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- Another option is to apply lemon juice mixed with amla powder (Indian gooseberry) onto your face to treat wrinkles and delay aging naturally.