9. Build Your Immunity
A strong immunity can reduce the risk of developing vaginitis by helping your body fight off infections.
- Follow a well-balanced diet with an adequate amount of vitamins A and C, zinc, selenium and iron to build immunity.
- Eat immune-boosting foods, such as oranges, green tea, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, mushrooms, apples, carrots, sweet potatoes, beans, broccoli and strawberries.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
- Maintain an adequate amount of vitamin D in your body by exposing yourself to early morning sunlight for 15 minutes daily.
- Get proper rest and enjoy sound sleep daily.
- Exercise for 30 minutes, 5 times a week.
- Keep a positive outlook toward life.
10. Maintain Vaginal Hygiene
Good hygiene can help prevent vaginitis. It also helps relieve some of the symptoms and promotes quick recovery.
- Change your underwear daily and wash them in hot water.
- Dry your underwear under direct sunlight from time to time.
- Wear cotton underwear and loose-fitting pants or skirts. Do not wear tight-fitting underwear.
- Avoid panty liners and underwear made from synthetic fiber.
- Avoid excess washing and rinsing out of the vagina.
- Avoid douching, taking baths with bubble bath or soap, and using soap to wash the genital area.
- Avoid using perfumed toilet papers and feminine hygiene products.
- Wipe from front to back after using the toilet.
- Change out of wet clothes like swimsuits as soon as possible.