9. Marshmallow Root
Marshmallow root contains mucilage and hence it can also be used to coat the throat and soothe a sore throat. Marshmallow root tea is great for a sore throat along with a common cough and cold. This remedy is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women, or people who are diabetic.
- Add one tablespoon of dried marshmallow root to one cup of boiling water and steep it for about half an hour.
- Strain the solution, add some honey and drink it.
- You can have three cups of this herbal tea in a day.
The mucus-dissolving properties present in fenugreek will give you instant relief from pain and inflammation. You can prepare a gargle solution using fenugreek seeds, which is very effective for treating a sore throat.
- Add two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds to six cups of water.
- Boil it for about half an hour. Allow it to come to room temperature and then strain it.
- Gargle with this solution three or four times a day.
Go time you have a sore throat, simply try some of these remedies to feel better. However, if your sore throat lasts more than two or three days, consult your doctor.