Another effective remedy for skin rejuvenation is tomato. It is an excellent source of the anti-aging antioxidant lycopene that helps protect the skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. In addition, the vitamin C in tomato aids collagen production and protects cells from free radical damage.
- Mix together 3 tablespoons of tomato juice, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of milk cream to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your skin, let it sit for 15 minutes, then wash it off with cool water. Use it twice a week.
- You can also use fresh tomato puree to treat pimples and blemishes. Apply it to the affected area, leave it on for at least 20 minutes, then rinse it off.
Oatmeal works as a natural skin cleanser. It helps remove excess oil, dirt and impurities that are responsible for many skin problems. Moreover, oatmeal protects the skin from sun damage.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of ground oatmeal, ½ teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of water to make a paste.
- Gently rub it onto your skin in circular motions.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then rinse it off.
- Use it once a week to exfoliate your skin.
- Always remove your makeup and wash your face properly before going to bed.
- You can use plain rose water to remove makeup and to cleanse your face.
- Apply a moisturizing lotion after washing your skin to avoid dryness.
- Quit smoking and excessive alcohol consumption as it causes skin dryness and accelerates skin aging.
- Do physical exercises daily to eliminate toxins from the body and promote good blood circulation.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week.
- Apply a sunscreen every day to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Drink an ample amount of water throughout the day to maintain healthy skin and eliminate toxins.
- If using makeup, choose quality products and avoid using any that have expired.
- Reduce stress as it contributes to dull-looking skin. It also causes skin problems like acne, pimples, psoriasis, eczema and rosacea.
- Get at least 6 hours of sound sleep daily. A 10-minute power nap during the day will also help you enjoy refreshed skin.
- Nourish your skin from within by eating a healthy diet. Eat vegetables, fruits, fish oils and nuts like almonds and walnuts to keep your skin young and healthy.