Basil leaves have excellent antioxidant properties and also promote brain functionality to improve the symptoms of schizophrenia.
- Steep a few basil leaves in hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Strain and sweeten with honey.
- Drink this tea twice daily.
10. Green Cardamom
The seeds of green cardamom can also be used to help deal with schizophrenia as they are good for the nervous system
- Steep 1 teaspoon of powdered cardamom seeds in 1 cup of hot water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain it and sweeten with some sugar or honey.
- Drink this tea twice a day.
- Do not skip your medications.
- Stay away from drugs and smoking as they may worsen the symptoms of schizophrenia and make the treatment less effective.
- Schizophrenic patients and their family members can join self-help and support groups.
- Consider getting help from professional case managers and caregivers at day programs.